Easter leftovers? Kevin has you covered! This recipe gives you a solution for what to do with your leftover ham and asparagus. Even if you’re not an asparagus fan this soup might change your mind; it is super creamy and the addition of the ham gives it a saltiness that is really satisfying. This soup is not only delicious but seriously nutritious too!
2 tbsp. Margarine
1/2 cup Onion, chopped
3 cups raw Asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 tbsp. all-purpose Flour
1 14.5-oz. can fat-free Chicken Broth
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/8 tsp. White Pepper
1 cup fat-free Half & Half
3/4 cup cooked Ham, cubed
1. In 3-quart sauce pan, melt the margarine over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and asparagus.
3. Cook 8 to 10 minutes until the asparagus is soft.
Kevin’s Tip: You can use already cooked asparagus. Just adjust your cooking time by half.
4. Add the flour, chicken both, salt and white pepper and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture into a food processor, and process until smooth (you can also use an immersion blender).
7. Return the blended mixture to the sauce pan.
8. With the heat on medium-low, stir in the half & half and the ham. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Calories 120 | Fat 5g | Saturated Fat 1g | Carbs 12g | Fiber 0g | Sugars 5g | Protein 4g